Home News & Reports League Tables Sunday Football Women/Girls Fixtures Cup Draws Contact Us
Home News & Reports League Tables Sunday Football Women/Girls Fixtures Cup Draws Contact Us

County Cups...

The only Weekly Magazine Dedicated to Women’s & Girls Football
Toolstation Western League
Longwell Green Sports (sky/white/black) v AEK Boco (orange) Cadbury Heath (red/whie) v Ashton & Backwell United (yellow) 02-01-2023 FC Bristol (red) v Shirehampton (navy blue) 07-01-2023

League Action: A week after rainfall was the cause of league-wide postponements, it was a hard frost which saw many games fall by the wayside. Of the three fixtures to survive, all went in favour of the home sides, but they certainly didn’t have it all their own way. Helston were forced to come from behind to beat the Premier Division’s bottom-side Keynsham, with two goals in either half helping them prevail by four goals to two. Henry Sady’s eighth minute opener had given the visitors a surprise lead, which was cancelled out midway through the first half by Rubin Wilson. Helston then completed the turnaround in stoppage time at the end of opening half with Rikki Sheppard on hand to convert Teigan Rosenquest’s teasing cross. Further goals around the hour mark from Tyler Elliot and Steve Colwell put the result beyond doubt, with Tyler Linton grabbing a late consolation for the visitors. There was late, late drama at Trungle Parc, where hosts Mousehole struck deep into stoppage time to claim a 2-1 win over Welton. Having taken a 17th minute lead through Jack Bray-Evans the hosts were seemingly on their way to victory before losing Andy Elcock to a red card midway through the second half. It looked like all of their hard work had been undone at the death, with Rovers drawing level in the 88th minute when Owen Punselie nodded home the equaliser. However, Mousehole found time to launch one more attack, and with a set piece of their own, the ball made its way to defender Harry Bell who headed home on debut to spark joyous scenes among the home contingent. The other victors were Barnstaple Town, with their 3-2 win over Falmouth ending their visitors eight-match unbeaten run in the league. The previous fixture between these sides was a nine-goal thriller in which Falmouth prevailed, but Barum managed to turn the tables this time around, scoring three goals either side of the interval to hold off a late charge from the visitors.

The only fixture to beat the weather last weekend took place in Wincanton, with the home side defeating Portishead by two goals to nil in the First Division. After Dan Wise had put them ahead in the 12th minute, Wincanton finally wrapped things up during the final moments when second-half sub Tom Frampton doubled their advantage, not long after joining the game from the bench.